236 total views
Experimenting with ingredients and playing in the kitchen is one of the great stress busters in today’s hectic life. If you have tried moughlai, north Indian, south Indian, Bengali and Gujarati recipes, and want to try something new yet easy recipe, then you can go for vegetable momos. It is a Tibetan recipe which is loved by many people living in East India.
The best aspects of the recipe are- they are easy to make, healthy, takes less time to cook, and simply superb in taste. In this piece of write up, let us check out some easy steps to make this healthy item.
- Start with collecting the ingredients- 1 cup flour (all purpose), some oil, salt and water for making the dough.
- Moving on for the stuffing, you will need- chopped vegetables (cabbage, carrot, capsicum, French beans, and spring onions).
- Other ingredients are salt, soya sauce, garlic (chopped), black pepper and water.
- Start with making soft dough with all purpose flour, water, salt and oil and keep it aside for an hour.
- Chop all the vegetables finely and sauté all of them together with 2 spoon of oil and some chopped garlic.
- Add 2 spoons of soya sauce, salt and pepper and sauté it well.
- After they are slightly golden brown and you smell a lovely aroma, remove it from the pan and keep it aside.
- Now make small balls of the dough and flatten it to make it thin round of about 3 to 4 cm.
- Add the vegetable stuffing and neatly close it with thin pleats. You can make any shape you like.
- Carefully place them in a steamer and let them steam for about 5 to 6 minutes.
Voila! Your vegetable momos are ready, impress everyone by serving.