632 total views
A lot of factors are involved while planning to build a website for your business.Right from cost to feature-packed product, and performance, a lot of things wait for you. Though static HTML websites are still here, WordPress sites are indeed considered the best. Creating sites is a fun with the arrival of WordPress.
But why anyone would prefer WordPress over HTML or vice versa. Not everyone except developers will know this. Though personal choice may have its own reasons, what matters is the behavior of search engines too. Do WordPress sites are better from the viewpoint of the search engines and businesses? Let us find out. A brief comparison will help you determine which site is best in what contexts.
Pros and Cons of HTML Sites
Back in the 90s, websites were built as static HTML websites. This was the only way used in those template-less days. skilled programmers were the only people who could handle websites. Even an inch of the update was done by the programmer only. Well, let us picture out the pros and cons of static HTML websites in modern times.
What is Best About Static HTML Websites
- Once the website is created and live, you need to take care of any update and regular backup work.
- HTML sites can run on cheaper servers and hence the site has lesser requirements.
Drawbacks of HTML Sites
- It is difficult to update HTML websites even for the beginners. You need to hire a skilled developer to update new content, posts, and images.
- As you will rely on the developer for every small update, expense and time for updating is quite high compared to a WordPress site.
As for start-ups and smaller businesses, creating and maintaining an HTML site proves costlier.
Pros and Cons of WordPress Website
WordPress is now a popular CMS and website builder for the developers, SEOs, and laymen. Some of the major advantages and disadvantages of WP sites are as under.
Advantages of using WordPress Sites
- Simple to Update – Evena non-technical person can post contents, images, and videos on the WP sites. You need not rely on the developer for every small change.
- Ready-Made Templates = You have access to thousands of instant templates ready to use.
- Features and Functionalities – It is simple to enhance the website with the help of plugins that are available free of cost.
Disadvantages of WordPress Sites
- Though handling WordPress site is possible for the non-technical person and newbies, you need some time to learn it. Beginners might not find it very simple to operate.
- Maintenance – Owner has the bigger responsibility of keeping it maintained and updated.
With no sufficient time and workforce, you will have no other option than hiring a developer.
WordPress Vs Static HTML Website
So why the experts say WordPress websites deliver superior performance. The reason is they are simple to update. Once you learn to handle this CMS, you can simply update and edit or delete contents and media files. You can even manage the themes, menus, and other functionalities.
WordPress is an open source platform. If you are tech-savvy and want to have greater control of your website, WordPress website is the best option. You will be saving lots of money that you might pay to the developer for updates. Perhaps this is the main reason why WordPress websites are super hits against HTML.
WordPress has its own unique features that make the websites friendly for the search engines. If you are focussing on optimization, WordPress sites are winners at any time. Thousands of rich plugins are available to add a variety of features to the site.
The only drawback with WordPress Site is that if it is managed by a person without knowledge of coding, plugins needs to be installed. Too many plugins may occupy more room than the static site itself. Leave this single hitch apart, and WordPress site rules any day and any time.