Invisalign is an effective method of orthodontic treatment that allows the patient to discreetly and quickly align their teeth with the use of clear trays rather than metal brackets and wires. If you are considering Invisalign treatment, it’s important to ensure that this method of orthodontic treatment is right for you. Continue reading to learn the Pros and Cons of Invisalign Braces.
- Clear aligner trays; no unsightly metal brackets or wires
- Treatment time is typically shorter
- Shorter and fewer in-office appointments
- Removable trays; easy mealtime and brushing/flossing
- No restrictive diet
- Comfortable; no sharp wires or brackets inside the mouth
- Price; Invisalign is typically more expensive than traditional braces, and it is usually not covered by insurance
- Must be worn for a minimum of 22 hours each day
- May not be a good option for those who will have difficulty keeping their trays in for the recommended amount of time
- Trays may affect speech for a short period of time
- May not be a good option for those who need extensive orthodontic correction
Invisalign is a fantastic treatment option with various benefits, but it isn’t for everyone. To determine if you are an ideal candidate for Invisalign, talk with your dentist or orthodontist and discuss your options for treatment. He or she will be able to provide you with a professional recommendation for your orthodontic treatment based on your needs and expectations for treatment.
For the best dental treatment in Robstown, Texas, trust in Robstown Smiles. We are here to help you design the smile of your dreams. For more information about managing your oral health or to get scheduled for an appointment in our Robstown, Texas dental office, give us a call anytime at 361-933-0124.
[ Also Read: Home Care After Tooth Extractions ]